Mann, Terry L.
Martin, Pringle, Oliver, Wallace & Bauer, L.L.P.
100 N. Broadway, Suite 500
Mann, Terry L.
Terry Mann focuses her practice on employment law and appellate practice matters. She defends employers, both large and small, in court and before various regulatory and administrative bodies.
- Washburn University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1986
- St. Mary of the Plains College, B.S., magna cum laude, 1977
- Kansas, 1986
- United States Supreme Court, 2000
- Kansas and Wichita Bar Associations
- Kansas Board of Law Examiners, 1995 to present, Vice Chair 2006 to present
- Washburn University School of Law, Board of Governors
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Kansas Super Lawyer, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Kansas Super Lawyer, Corporate Counsel Edition, Employment & Discrimination, 2008, 2009
- America’s Leading Lawyers in the Field of Employment Discrimination Defense by Chambers USA, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- BTI Consulting, Client Service All-Star Team, 2007
Most of Terry’s professional time is devoted to litigation on behalf of the employers she represents. She defends employers charged with discriminating on the basis of age, race, disability, religion, and/or gender under Title VII and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA). She is also well versed in the requirements of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Terry is a formidable opponent in the courtroom, with a pleasant but penetrating style that serves her clients well. Terry also excels as an appellate advocate. She has authored numerous appellate briefs and successfully argued before the Tenth Circuit many times.
Likewise, Terry has a proven track record of successfully defending employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Kansas Human Rights Commission (KHRC), the Department of Labor (DOL), and the Kansas Department of Labor (KDOL).
Terry’s appellate practice focuses mainly on the employment arena, although she has enjoyed a great deal of success in other aspects of civil appellate work as well. Terry is well versed in the rules of appellate procedure, including the briefing and oral argument requirements of the federal and Kansas appellate courts.
- Appellate Practice
- Employment and Labor
- Family Law
- Litigation & ADR