Handling all aspects of real estate transactions. Negotiating and documenting purchases and sales of vacant land, agricultural properties (cattle ranches, orchards), hotels, restaurants, residential properties, office buildings, industrial and commercial properties, as well as apartment buildings. Negotiating loans on behalf of borrowers and lenders, and preparing LLC operating agreements as well as partnership and joint venture agreements.
Negotiating workouts, hazardous substance indemnities, and other real estate-related documents. Representing clients before city councils, planning and other commissions, and representing landlords and tenants. Negotiating and resolving construction defect claims.
Negotiating and documenting construction contracts and letters of intent for construction contracts, as well as negotiating and documenting related agreements, including architect's agreements and subcontracts, for a variety of small, medium and large projects, including high rise office buildings, warehouses and buildings to be used as manufacturing facilities.
Real estate developers, apartment complex owners, leasing and management companies; individuals; domestic and foreign partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, foreign and domestic banks, and other entities.
Key Professional Accomplishments
* General business representation including purchase and sale of businesses, sale of national bank, negotiating hotel management contracts, etc.
* Purchase and sale of major commercial office buildings and hotels.
* Documenting various types of construction projects.
* Purchase of a vineyard and undertaking development of Napa Valley winery.
* Purchase and sale of large single-family residences including a sale for $47.5 million in Southern California and another for $20 million in Northern California.
* Representation of a Canadian public company in the sale of its controlling interest in a motion picture studio to a foreign investor.
* Representing a foreign bank disposing of significant assets in the U.S.
Professional, Business, and Civic Affiliations
* Los Angeles County Bar Association Real Estate Section
* Former Board member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Real Estate Section
* Project Angel Food.
* California, 1974
* USDC, 1974
University of California, Davis, J.D. 1974; Articles Editor, U.C. Davis Law Review
Princeton Theological Seminary, M.Div. 197
University of California, Berkeley, A.B. 1967