* Negotiating and documenting purchases and sales of vacant land, agricultural properties (cattle ranches, orchards), hotels, restaurants, residential properties, office buildings, industrial and commercial properties, as well as apartment buildings
* Representing landlords and tenants
* Negotiating and drafting construction contracts
* Negotiating loans on behalf of borrowers and lenders
* Preparing LLC operating agreements as well as partnership and joint venture agreements
* Negotiating workouts, hazardous substance indemnities, and other real estate-related documents
* Representing clients before city councils, planning and other commissions
* General business representation including purchase and sale of businesses, sale of national bank, negotiating hotel management contracts, etc.
Real estate developers, apartment complex owners, leasing and management companies; individuals; domestic and foreign partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, foreign and domestic banks, and other entities.
Key Professional Accomplishments
* Former Member, MS&K Governing Board
* Purchase and sale of major commercial office buildings and hotels
* Purchase of a vineyard and undertaking development of Napa Valley winery
* Purchase and sale of large single-family residences including a sale for $47.5 million in Southern California and another for $20 million in Northern California
* Representation of a Canadian public company in the sale of its controlling interest in a motion picture studio to a foreign investor
* Representing a foreign bank disposing of significant assets in the U.S.
Professional, Business, and Civic Affiliations
Los Angeles County Bar Association; Board member, Project Angel Food.
University of California, Davis, J.D. 1974; Articles Editor, U.C. Davis Law Review
Princeton Theological Seminary, M.Div. 197
University of California, Berkeley, A.B. 1967