Sydney New South Wales 2000, Australia
+61 2 9253 9911
+61 2 9253 9900
Alan has significant experience in both the corporate law and taxation requirements associated with managed investment schemes of many types, including property trusts and syndicates, mortgage trusts, mezzanine funds and agribusiness schemes.
He also provides advice on tax effective structuring for the acquisition, holding and sale of assets involving use of various reliefs and exemptions in the law. He focuses on major corporate reconstructions, demergers, mergers and consolidations, cross border acquisitions and dealings, employee share schemes and estate planning and asset protection for individuals.
Alan does both front-end and back-end tax work including rulings and opinions, objections and appeals. He is a regular presenter of seminars on various aspects of the financial services laws, managed investment schemes and income tax.
Alan is the author of the book "Managed Investment Schemes" published by Federation Press.
Recent deals and media coverage:
- Find a Member
- Specialty Groups▾
- About Specialty Groups
- Aviation Law
- Best Practices & Firm Management
- Competition & Antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Employment & Labor Law
- Environmental Law
- Financial Institutions and Markets (J)
- Firm Administrators
- Franchise Law
- Government Investigations & White Collar Crime
- Governmental Relations
- Immigration Law
- Insolvency & Secured Transactions
- Insurance Law
- Intellectual Property & Info. Tech.
- International Trade & Customs
- Life Sciences
- Litigation & ADR
- Marketing & Business Development
- Real Estate / TAG Property
- TAG Tax
- TAG Tax: International Tax (North America)
- TAG Tax: State & Local Tax (SALT)
- Women in Leadership / Diversity
- Other Areas of Interest
- Success Stories▾
Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com