Stephen completed a LLB Hons degree at the University of Birmingham and subsequently obtained a Distinction in the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, York. Stephen qualified in 1999 and became a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team in 2012. He is also Clarkslegal’s insolvency knowhow officer.
In all his practice areas Stephen has gained substantial court experience and often conducts his own advocacy. He is also familiar with the particular rigours associated with injunction hearings and has participated in many mediations and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Some examples of client work:
- Acting for multinational plc in successful defence of claim by grant consultants (Eurofi Limited v CMB International Packaging & ors – Lawtel 10 July 2002 CA)
- Obtaining injunction to restrain advertisement of winding up petition (lawtel November 2004)
- Defending £2m by consultant to retail and residential property development
- Bringing and defending defamation actions
- Successful claim to establish validity of right of pre-emption to purchase land (Lawtel 13 May 2003 CA)
- Advising on procedural and legal issues arising from all insolvency procedures, acting for insolvency practitioners, companies and individuals
- Acting for clients to restrain misuse of confidential information and trade secrets by departing employees
Dispute resolution / Business recovery / Insolvency