McConkie, Daniel S.
Mr. McConkie is a member of the firm's Insurance Section and a member of the Litigation, Trials & Appeals Section. He has over 27 years of experience in risk management, insurance defense, personal injury, and products liability. Also, he has an extensive background in criminal prosecution and defense. He possesses extensive trial experience in both federal and state courts representing individual insureds as well as political subdivisions of the state of Utah.
Mr. McConkie is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite and as a Mountain States Super Lawyer for insurance coverage. He is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell.
- Prosecuted criminal cases in the Salt Lake County Attorney's Office (Drug and Major Offender Divisions) with emphasis on drug abuse, violent crimes, and homicide
- Designated as a Special Assistant Attorney for the state of Utah in a capital homicide case before the United States Supreme Court
- Possesses extensive trial experience in both federal and state courts representing individual insureds, as well as political subdivisions of the state of Utah
- University of Utah, B.A., English, 1978
- University of Utah, M.A., English, 1980
- Seattle University, J.D., 1983
- Utah State Bar, admitted 1984
- United States Supreme Court, 1990
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 1989
- Utah State Bar Association