Johnson, Randy K.
Kirton McConkie, PC
Kirton McConkie Building
50 E. South Temple
Salt Lake City, Utah,
Phone: +(801) 328-3600
Fax: +(801) 321-4893
Johnson, Randy K.
Mr. Johnson is a member of Kirton McConkie's Business, Lending and Finance section, as well as the firm's Natural Resources and Energy section. He specializes in general business and commercial law, and he has extensive experience working with start-up and emerging growth companies, including advising founders and management regarding entity structure, financing, securities, taxation, intellectual property protection, and mergers and acquisitions. He also has significant experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements, including license agreements, distributorship agreements, purchase agreements, and joint venture agreements. Mr. Johnson is particularly interested in clean and renewable energy technology, and has represented several clients involved in these emerging areas.
- Mr. Johnson has extensive experience working with start up and emerging growth companies, including advising founders and management regarding entity structure, financing, securities, taxation, intellectual property protection, and mergers and acquisitions. He also has significant experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements, distributorship agreements, purchase agreements, and joint venture agreements.
- Mr. Johnson is particularly interested in clean technology and renewable energy, and has represented several clients and entrepreneurs involved in these emerging areas.
- Prior to joining Kirton McConkie, Mr. Johnson served as Vice President and General counsel of Daw Technologies, Inc., a NASDAQ listed company specializing in the international design and installation of cleanroom equipment and facilities. Early in his career, Mr. Johnson practiced securities and corporate law in San Francisco and in the Silicon Valley of California.
- Mr. Johnson's many years' securities practice includes assisting clients in the private placement of securities, venture capital financing, and public company reporting and compliance work. Having served as inside general counsel for two public companies, he is experienced in corporate governance from a legal as well as practical standpoint.
- Mr. Johnson has hands-on experience as an entrepreneur, having started and operated a number of small businesses.
- Boalt Hall School of Law, J.D., 1980, University of California, Berkeley
- Staff Member: Industrial Relations Law Journal
- University of California, Berkeley, A.B., 1977 (English; Chemistry minor)
- Utah State Bar, admitted 1980
- Chair, Business Law Section, 2006-2007
- Member, Committee of Bar Examiners, 1989-present
- California State Bar, admitted 1983
- Member, American Society of Corporate Secretaries (2000-present)
- Volunteer Consultant, Utah Microenterprise Loan Fund (2004-present)
- Secretary, California Alumni Association of Utah
- Lending and Fianance
- Natural Resources and Energy
- Business Services
- Environmental Law
- Banking and Financial Institutions & Services