Meaders, William A.
Kirton McConkie, PC
Kirton McConkie Building
50 E. South Temple
Salt Lake City, Utah,
Phone: +(801) 328-3600
Fax: +(801) 321-4893
Meaders, William A.
Mr. Meaders is a member of Kirton McConkie's Real Property & Land Use Planning Practice Section. His practice emphasizes real estate and commercial transactions and disputes as well as lending law. He represents buyers, sellers, developers, and lenders in the financing, acquisition, leasing, and sale of commercial and industrial properties and in basic shopping center development, including both anchor tenant and small tenant leasing. He has represented clients such as Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction Co., Inc., Sorenson Associates, LLC, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, and SLI Commercial Real Estate Co.
- Practiced as a partner and shareholder with Prince Yeates & Geldzahler and then Lundberg & Meaders prior to joining Kirton McConkie
- Practiced as an associate at Van Cott, Bagley, Cornwall & McCarthy, 1977-1979
- Drafted and lobbied for passage of the Utah Mortgage Lending and Servicing Act, 1990, as an attorney for the Utah Bankers Association, Utah Mortgage Bankers Association, and Utah League of Insured Savings Institutions
- Has represented clients such as Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction Co., Inc., Sorenson Associates, LLC, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, and SLI Commercial Real Estate Co.
- Represents buyers, sellers, developers, and lenders in the financing, acquisition, leasing, and sale of commercial and industrial properties, and in basic shopping center development, including both anchor tenant and small tenant leasing
- Represents lenders and borrowers in negotiating loan "workouts" and resolving title insurance claims
- Represents financial institutions in loan servicing and loan sales involving complicated practical and regulatory questions
- Assists clients in foreclosures and litigation involving commercial real estate
- Brigham Young University, B.A., Business Administration, 1974
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 1977
- Utah State Bar, admitted 1977
- Utah State Bar: Real Property Section (past Chair)
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 1977
- Duke Law Journal, Board of Editors
- Duke Law Journal, Contributor Judge
- Real Property, Leasing and Land Use
- Business Services
- Real Estate