Hellewell, Read R.
Kirton McConkie, PC
Kirton McConkie Building
50 E. South Temple
Salt Lake City, Utah,
Phone: +(801) 328-3600
Fax: +(801) 321-4893
Hellewell, Read R.
Mr. Hellewell is a member of the firm's Real Property, Leasing and Land Use section. His practice is concentrated in real estate and business matters, including commercial lending; leasing, financing, formation, and use of limited liability companies and limited and general partnerships; and developing and operating condominium and time share condominium projects.
Mr. Hellewell is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite and as a Mountain States Super Lawyer for real estate. He is also recognized in the prestigious Chambers USA for real estate. In 2012 he was the Utah State Bar Distinguished Real Property Practitioner of the Year.
- Possesses broad experience in real property matters, including the negotiation, drafting, and closing of purchase and sale agreements, development, planning and zoning, easements, reciprocal covenants, title matters, leasing, and other related areas
- Represents clients in all phases of the formation, ownership, and operation of various business enterprises, including real estate development, manufacturing, distribution, and service industries
- Prepares documentation for major national lenders for loans for construction of commercial office buildings and shopping malls
- Acted as Vice-President/Legal Counsel for a national recreational property developer where his practice included the following:
- Acquisition of property for development
- Preparing all required condominium and time share documentation
- Reviewing and negotiating loan documentation for construction and permanent financing
- Assuring compliance with all federal, state, and local filing requirements for condominium and time share filings
- Weber State College, B.S., Political Science, 1974
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., 1976
- Utah State Bar, admitted 1976
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 1976