Marrott, Jarod R.
Kirton McConkie, PC
Kirton McConkie Building
50 E. South Temple
Salt Lake City, Utah,
Phone: +(801) 328-3600
Fax: +(801) 321-4893
Marrott, Jarod R.
Mr. Marrott is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property section. His practice focuses on international intellectual property law including foreign and domestic patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, unfair competition, computer law and licensing. Mr. Marrott is experienced in a broad range of technologies and represents clients in a variety of technical fields.
Mr. Marrott is recognized as one of Utah's Legal Elite and as a Mountain States Super Lawyer in intellectual property.
- Assists national and international clients in developing and implementing intellectual property business strategies
- Extensive experience in preparation and prosecution of international patent and trademark applicaitons
- Enforecement of international patent and trademark rights
- Licensing and acquiring intellectual property
- Provides opinions and advice related to patentability, infringement, validity and freedom to operate issues
- Analyzing patent portfolio in connection with venture capital financing, portfolio acquisitions, and intellectual property audits
- Intellectual property counsel in a variety of technology and industry areas, including life sciences, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, chemicals, nutraceuticals, direct selling and marketing, oil and gas, computer-related technologies, electronic business methods and mechanical systems.
- University of Washington, B.S., Biochemistry, 1999
- University of California, Davis, J.D., 2004
- Utah State Bar, Intellectual Property Section, admitted 2004
Registered Patent Attorney
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2003
- United States District Court for the District of Utah, 2004
- Supreme Court of Utah, 2004
- Vice Chair, Intellectual Property section, Utah State Bar
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
- Intellectual Property / Information Technology