McPherson, Lisa A.
Martin, Pringle, Oliver, Wallace & Bauer, L.L.P.
100 N. Broadway, Suite 500
Phone: +1 316-265-9311
Fax: +1 316-265-2955
McPherson, Lisa A.
Lisa A. McPherson is a fourth-generation Kansas lawyer with 15 years experience representing health care providers throughout Kansas and in Kansas City. Lisa’s practice encompasses litigation, regulatory matters, and business transactions for individuals and entities in the health care field. Growing up in Newton, Kansas and practicing in Wichita, Lisa understands the importance of a vibrant medical profession to a community’s well-being. Lisa chairs the Wichita Bar Association’s medical/legal committee.
- Washburn University School of Law, J.D., Dean's Honors, 1994
- University of Southern California, B.S., with honors, 1991
- Barrister for the Wesley E. Brown Inn of Court
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- Kansas Hospital Association, Member
- Kansas Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- American, Kansas and Wichita Bar Associations, Member
- Kansas Bar Association, Nominating Committee and Awards Committee
- Wichita Bar Association, Medical/Legal Committee, Chair, Civil Practice Committee, Medical/Legal Committee, Nominating Committee, 2004
- Kansas Women Attorneys Association, Area Representative (2001-2003), Subcommitee Chair for annual state meeting/CLE
- Wichita Women Attorneys Association, Member
- Junior League of Wichita, Inc., President (2005 - 2006), Board of Directors (1998-1999, 2002-2004)
- East Heights United Methodist Church, Member
Awards and Recognition
- Wichita Business Journal 40 Under 40 Class, 2006
Lisa has participated as defense counsel in more than 35 jury trials in both state and federal courts. Her medical malpractice litigation experience includes a wide range of medical negligence claims, including complex birth injury cases, catastrophic permanent injury cases, and wrongful death claims.
Lisa’s practice also includes representation of physicians and hospitals in regulatory compliance and transactional matters. Her experience extends to a variety of business agreements, organizational counseling, and regulatory compliance for the healthcare industry, including risk management, anti-kickback, Stark and MIPAAs.
- Administrative & Regulatory
- Health Care
- Litigation & ADR