James, Robert D.
Rob James is a litigator with a practice widely ranging from complex commercial and contract litigation to tort and products liability litigation. He also provides insurance and risk management consultation and representation to insurance companies, rental car companies and other business insureds and self-insured companies.
In the area of tort law, Mr. James has handled litigation in a variety of contexts, including nursing home liability, physician liability, vehicular accidents, product liability, real estate and construction torts, extra-contractual insurance bad faith claims, premises liability, environmental toxic tort claims and general personal injury. Over the past several years, his practice has been concentrated heavily on representation of rental car companies in defending negligence and product liability claims arising out of catastrophic accidents, including rollover accidents, nationwide.
Mr. James also serves as a mediator in litigated and non-litigated claims and disputes, from relatively simple matters, to complex multi-party matters involving diverse subject matter and a wide range of types of claims.
Mr. James’ commercial and contract practice includes representation of insurance companies and businesses in insurance policy coverage matters, representation of rental car companies in various risk management and business contexts, representation of banks and other businesses in various commercial litigation contexts, and representation of individuals and businesses in general contract and commercial matters.
- University of Arkansas (J.D., 1995; B.S.B.A., 1992)
Bar admissions & years:
- Arkansas - 1996
- Oklahoma - 1995
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas - 2004
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of Oklahoma - 1996
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Oklahoma - 1996
- U.S. District Court, W.D. of Oklahoma - 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit - 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit - 1996
- U.S. Supreme Court - 2001
Memberships & Affiliations:
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Litigation, TIPS, ADR)
- Council Oak - Johnson Sontag Chapter American Inns of Court
- Defense Research Institute
- Oklahoma Supreme Court Certified Mediator
- Advanced Mediation Certification by Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University Law School
- Tulsa Early Settlement Mediation Panel Member
- Oklahoma and Tulsa County Bar Alternative Dispute Resolution Section Member
- Tulsa County Bar Association Professional Responsibility Committee 2001 - 2002 and Young Lawyers Division Board 1998
- Board of Advocates, University of Arkansas
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Board of Directors 1999
- Dean's List, University of Arkansas
- National Moot Court Team (Best Brief, 3rd Overall), University of Arkansas
- Order of the Barristers
- Regional Negotiation Team, University of Arkansas 1994