Eric Henzy practices in business bankruptcies and workouts and business and commercial litigation. He has extensive experience representing debtors, creditors' committees, secured and unsecured creditors, and other parties in bankruptcy cases and out-of-court workouts.Eric's recent engagements include Handy & Harman Refining Group, Inc. and Attleboro Refining Company, Inc. (counsel to the chapter 11 debtors); B.V. Brooks (counsel to the chapter 11 trustee); the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Publishers Consortium, Inc.; Executive Greetings, Inc. (counsel to the chapter 11 debtor); Official Equity Committee of Lancer Partners, Inc.; Daticon, Inc. (official committee of unsecured creditors, and special counsel to chapter 7 trustee); official committee of unsecured creditors of Joseph and Loretta Calabrese; Gulf States Steel, Inc. (counsel to indenture trustee); Forstmann, Inc. (counsel to indenture trustee); Spaulding Composites, Inc. (counsel to indenture trustee); International Management Associates; Conseco, Inc. (counsel to indenture trustee; and BioPlexus, Inc. (counsel to the chapter 11 debtors). Eric has appeared in bankruptcy courts around the country, and has represented parties in a number of the first hedge fund insolvencies in the country. He has first chair tried more than twenty contested matters and adversary proceedings to judgement. Prior to joining Reid and Riege, Eric practiced in the bankruptcy group in the New York firm Milbank, Tweed, Hadley and McCloy. He also served as law clerk to the Honorable Alan H.W. Shiff, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the District of Connecticut.
Eric is listed in "The Best Lawyers in America"
and in "Connecticut Super Lawyers"
for Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law.Bar Admissions
State of Connecticut and State of New York, as well as the U.S. District Courts for Connecticut and the Southern and Eastern Districts of New YorkEducation
University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D. 1988
University of Connecticut, B.A. 1984
- Member of the Connecticut Bar Association (Executive Committee, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section)
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member of the American Bar Association, Business Law and Litigation Sections
- Member of the American Bankruptcy Institute
- Speaker, "Hedge Fund Receiverships," American Bankruptcy Institute 13th Annual Northeast Bankruptcy Conference (July, 2006)
- Speaker, "The Use of Trusts for Asset Protection," Vanderbilt University Law School Symposium on The International Trust (February 1999)
- Speaker, "The Effect of 11 U.S.C. § 541(c)(2) on Offshore and Other Trusts," Third Annual Connecticut Bankruptcy Symposium (1998)
- Author, "Offshore and 'Other Shore' Asset Protection Trusts," 32 Vanderbilt Journal of Transactional Law 739 (1999)
Bankruptcy and Insolvency, Litigation, Hedge Funds, Trustee Representation