Marshall, Joe E.
Joe has over 20 years of experience in bankruptcy reorganization, creditors’ rights and related commercial litigation. He has represented financial institutions, other secured and unsecured creditors and Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy trustees in many industries including retail, oil and gas, technology and telecommunications, transportation, real estate, health care and manufacturing.
Joe has also represented unsecured creditor committees in cases involving the reorganization and/or liquidation of manufacturing, health care, telecommunications and retail debtors. As a result, Joe has experience in evaluating and prosecuting both third party and director and officer claims on behalf of the estate.
Joe has developed an expertise in sales and acquisitions involving selected assets and entire operations of troubled companies and debtors. His experience includes virtually all aspects of the sale process from the tactical and procedural approaches on negotiations and bidding protections through completion of the sale and the resolution of claims and contract issues with creditors and related third parties. He is a recipient of Martindale-Hubbell's AV® Peer Rating and has written and spoken to local organizations on sale and contract issues.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Asset Sales Committee
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- Dallas Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law and Business Litigation Sections
- State Bar of Texas, Bankruptcy Law Section
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
Awards & Honors
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- University of San Diego School of Law, Juris Doctor
- The University of Oklahoma, Bachelor of Business Administration (National Dean's List; Recipient of the Texas Oil and Gas Leadership Award)