Johnston, Jr., Aaron
Munsch Hardt Kopf & Harr, P.C.
500 N. Akard Street
Phone: +1 214 855 7500
Fax: +1 214 855 7584
Johnston, Jr., Aaron
Aaron practices all phases of developing, constructing, financing, operating, leasing, acquiring and selling office, industrial, retail and multifamily real estate projects. He also represents owners of office and multifamily buildings and sports stadiums against telecommunications services providers and helps building owners coordinate real estate documentation with insurance and risk management programs.
Throughout his career, Aaron has focused on the representation of real estate developers and investors in connection with developing or acquiring a wide range of projects including strip and enclosed mall shopping centers, both high-rise downtown and low-rise suburban office buildings, office/warehouses, luxury and limited service hotels, apartments, assisted living communities, medical office buildings and data centers. Aaron has negotiated and drafted on behalf of the firm's developer/investor clients numerous letters of intent, commission agreements, and purchase and sale agreements for raw land and income producing properties, partnership and joint venture agreements, construction and architectural contracts, purchase money and construction loan commitments and documents and anchor tenant leases. As part of the development process, he has helped structure, negotiate and/or draft many bridge, interim and permanent loans, ground and synthetic leases, and related commitments and documentation.
In recent years, Aaron has devoted more time to technology, insurance, management and leasing issues. He has drafted and negotiated management, service, consulting and brokerage agreements, well over 20 million square feet of industrial, retail and office building leases and hundreds of agreements with telecommunications providers. He has helped his clients create comprehensive, consistent and readable form systems and coordinated their documents and transaction structures with insurance and risk management programs.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Dallas Bar Association, Construction Law and Real Property Law Sections
- State Bar of Texas, Construction Law and Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Sections
- Texas College of Real Estate Attorneys
Awards & Honors
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- The University of Texas School of Law, Juris Doctor (Graduated with Honors)
- The University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Arts (Graduated with High Honors)
- Corporate and M&A
- Real Estate
- Banking and Financial Institutions & Services
- Construction Industry
- Manufacturing, Extraction and Distribution
- Media and Communications
- Utilities, Telecommunications & Energy Providers