MacNeil, James D.
Born in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Jamie received his Bachelor of Arts from Saint Mary’s University and he received his LL.B. from the University of New Brunswick in 2000. Jamie was admitted to the Nova Scotia Bar in 2001.
Jamie is Managing Partner of the Firm and practices in the areas of Business Litigation, Civil Litigation and Construction Law. He assists individuals and companies in resolving disputes and collecting unpaid accounts. He also assists clients with residential property disputes, taxation litigation, residential and commercial tenancies matters, employment matters and some environmental matters.
Jamie has appeared at all levels of court in Nova Scotia, as well as the Tax Court of Canada, and both Federal Court and Federal Court of Appeal. Jamie has also successfully argued and appeared before the Regional Assessment Appeal Court, Workers’ Compensation Board, Workers’ Compensation Appeal Tribunal, Labour Standards Tribunal, Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board, National Energy Board and various other boards and tribunals. He is a frequent lecturer on builders’ liens, collection practices and various other litigation issues and matters.
Jamie is a member of the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society and the Canadian Bar Association. He is a Director of the Alderney Landing Association. He has volunteered with Junior Achievement of Nova Scotia and the Brain Injury Association of Nova Scotia. Jamie is also a coach for Dunbrack Youth Soccer.
- 2000: LL.B., University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick
- 1993: Bachelor of Arts, St. Mary's University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2012 – Present: Managing Partner, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2010 – Present: Sessional Instructor/Part-Time Faculty (Civil Trial Workshops), Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2007 – Present: Partner, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2001 – 2006: Associate Lawyer, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2000 – 2001: Articled Clerk, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
- Member – Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Member – Canadian Bar Association
- Member – Halifax Chamber of Commerce
- Coach – Dunbrack Youth Soccer
- Past Committee Member Brain Injury Association of Nova Scotia (BIANS) Annual Golf Classic (2001 - 2005)
- Volunteer Junior Achievement of Nova Scotia (2000 - 2006)
BOYNECLARKE LLP Lawletters:
? -Builders Liens
? -Small Claims Court
Frequent speaker on Builders' Liens and various litigation topics.Practice Area
- Construction Law
- Retail Collections