Jennings, Lora M.
Lora Jennings is a talented and dedicated young attorney, whose varied practice includes employment law, insurance defense, general civil litigation, and intellectual property law. Lora clerked at Martin Pringle for two summers during law school and joined the firm as an associate after graduating from the Washburn University School of Law, cum laude, in 2005. She is active in community organizations, including as an officer in Young Professionals of Wichita and as a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity. She is a member of Martin Pringle’s community service committee.
- Washburn University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2005
- University of Kansas, B.A., with distinction, 2002
- Missouri, 2006
- Kansas, 2005
- Defense Research Institute, Employment Law Committee
- Society for Human Resource Management, Member
- American, Kansas, and Wichita Bar Associations, Member
- Kansas Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Wichita Bar Association, CLE Committee
- Wichita Bar Association, Summer Intern Committee
- Wichita Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Wichita Women Attorneys Association, Program Co-Chair
- Young Professionals of Wichita, Vice-Chair, Access Wichita Action Team
- Defense Research Institute, Punitive Damages: A State by State Compendium, Co-Author
Lora represents clients in a wide range of employment litigation matters, including breach of employment contract actions, covenant-not-to-compete claims, workers compensation retaliation claims, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance. She also has experience in litigating federal discrimination claims, including Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
A substantial portion of Lora’s practice involves representing clients in defending a wide variety of insurance matters. She has litigated coverage disputes, vehicle accident claims, personal injury and premises liability claims, and other casualty loss claims. She has participated in the defense of personal injury and automobile accident cases.
Lora’s civil litigation practice includes a variety of civil litigation matters. She represents clients in cases involving contract matters, trust administration disputes, medical malpractice claims, and cases brought under the Kansas Consumer Protection Act (KCPA). Lora has experience in every phase of litigation, including discovery, mediation and trial.
Lora represents clients in intellectual property planning and disputes. She advises clients on copyright and trademark issues, including how to protect their intellectual property rights. She also has experience in filing trademark and copyright applications, as well as representing clients in trademark and copyright infringement disputes.