Mooney, Bryen E.
Bryen knows how to view a family law situation with fresh eyes, and can readily think outside the box, when coming up with practical solutions to client’s problems. “I’ve been told my strength as a Family Law lawyer is that I can take a complex or convoluted situation and sort it out so that the issues are organized,” she says. Bryen’s impeccable organization allows clients to feel informed and knowledgeable about the status and path of their file.
Bryen brings important issues for her clients into the foreground, so those issues are not lost in the chaos of paperwork and stressful situations. What’s important to her clients is important to her in resolving family situations.
Coming from a military family herself, Bryen has great compassion for the difficulties often faced by military families. Military personnel have to be organized with an eye for detail and must be prepared for numerous possible encounters; so does Bryen.
- 2008: LL. B., Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2006: Masters, Experimental Psychology, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick
- 2003: Bachelor of Science (Honours), Psychology, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick
- 2009 – Present: Associate, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2008 – 2009: Articled Clerk, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2007 Summer: Float Assistant, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
- Member – Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Member – Canadian Bar Association
- Member – Family Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member – Young Patrons Circle of the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia
- Provincial Board Member – Nova Scotia Division of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Programme
- Board Member - Special Olympics
- Member - International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Member - Collaborative Family Law Association of Nova Scotia
- Member - Parent Information Program Development Working Group
- Volunteer - Military Family Resource Centre
- Member - BOYNECLARKE LLP Articling Committee