Hiltz LeBlanc, Rebecca L.
“Describing myself as a Commercial Litigation lawyer may not sufficiently describe exactly what it is I do. Generally, commercial litigation involves business disputes involving money and/or property in areas such as banking, mergers, contracts, owner disputes, licensing issues and many other areas that are critical to businesses. But I don’t only focus on the business problem, I also focus on the people to whom that problem matters most. My clients have come to expect a high degree of focus from me; achieving successful results for my clients is first and foremost.”
Favourite Quote: “Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels.” Ann Richards
Born in Windsor, Nova Scotia, Rebecca earned her Bachelor of Music (Vocal Performance) from Dalhousie University in 1996. The following year, she completed independent language studies in German, Italian, and French at the University of Toronto. She later returned to Dalhousie University, earning her LL.B. in 2003. Rebecca was admitted to the Bar in 2004.
Rebecca is a Partner and member of the Business Litigation Team. She previously worked on the Personal Injury Team and is a former member of the firm’s Articling Committee.
Active in the community, Rebecca is Vice President of Halifax’s Neptune Theatre and a member-at-large of the Executive.
Rebecca enjoys music and is a member of the 36th Canadian Brigade Group (Nova Scotia) Band, performing as a musician, vocalist, and MC for charity concerts and other events.
- 2006: Intensive Trial Advocacy Workshop, Osgoode Hall Law School, Toronto, Ontario
- 2003: LLB, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 1996 – 1997: Independent language studies in German, Italian and French , University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
- 1996: Bachelor of Music (Vocal Performance), Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2012 - 2013: Sessional Instructor/Part-Time Faculty (Civil Trial Workshops), Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2011 - Present: Partner, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2004 – 2010: Associate, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2003 – 2004: Articled Clerk, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Summer 2002: BOYNECLARKE LLP Summer Student Placement, LakeCity Employment Services, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 1990 – Present: Reservist, Department of National Defence, Halifax, Nova Scotia
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPSAND ACTIVITIES
- Member – Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Member – Canadian Bar Association
- Member – Atlantic Provinces Trial Lawyers Association
- Former Committee Member – Gender Equality Committee of the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Vice President, Board Member and Member at Large of the Executive Committee – Halifax’s Neptune Theatre Foundation (June 2009 to present)
- Former Vice President/Chair and Board Member – MINDS - Moving in New Directions Society (2006 – 2011, Vice President from June 2009 to 2011)
- Committee Member – Aiseirigh House (2004 –2006)
AREAS OF PRACTICE