Wade, Julie S.
As a shareholder in the Corporate Section at Munsch Hardt, Julie Wade's area of legal expertise is in the area of immigration law. Her passion is to help U.S. and foreign companies secure the global talent needed to be successful. Her primary legal emphasis focuses on business immigration, including employment visas, PERM labor certifications, and applications for permanent residency.
Working with employers of all sizes and industries, Julie helps make certain they comply with federal and, more recently, state laws governing immigration and work authorization.
Additionally, she advises human resources and recruiting staffs on I-9 issues including guiding companies through I-9 audits and evaluating I-9 program compliance.
She has advised many different companies from start-ups to established firms on positions ranging from international executives to managers with their H-1B specialty occupation visas, E treaty trade/treaty investor visas; J-1 training visas and complex immigration petitions for "aliens of extraordinary ability" (physicians, musicians, athletes, etc).
A frequent a guest lecturer for professional organizations ranging from consumer products and services, education, healthcare, and manufacturing to marketing/public relations, professional services, real estate development, energy, and software and information technology, Julie's topics include proactive immigration planning, worksite and I-9 compliance, and E-verify.
- Guiding companies through I-9 audits, evaluating I-9 program compliance, and providing on-site training to human resources and recruiting staff
- Obtaining H-1B specialty occupation status for teachers, doctors, IT professionals, and other foreign nationals from countries all over the world
- Facilitating L-1A/L-1B intracompany transfers of foreign personnel to "start up" and established offices in the U.S.
- Successfully coordinating with agencies in the U.S. for obtaining J-1 trainee approval and assisting clients in applying for and obtaining J-1 visas at U.S. Consulates abroad
- Securing E treaty trader/treaty investor status and EB-5-based permanent immigration for clients from countries including Canada, China, Australia, Spain, Japan and Finland
- Assisting clients in securing work and entry permits for U.S. workers assigned abroad
- Successfully obtaining permanent residence for skilled workers, professionals, religious workers, multinational managers/executives, and extraordinary ability individuals
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas First Presbyterian Church Developmental Day School, Board Member
- Greater Dallas Asian American Chamber of Commerce
- Junior League of Dallas, Former Member
- The Children's Trust (supporting Children's Medical Center Dallas)
- Women's Auxiliary to Children's Medical Center
- Baylor University Law School, Juris Doctor
- Baylor University, Master of Business Administration
- Baylor University, Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Sociology