Cairns, David J. A.
David J. A. Cairns
Born: Dunedin, New Zealand, 1961.
Admitted: 1984, New Zealand; 2001, England; 2002, Madrid.
Education: University of Canterbury (LL.B. Hons.); University of Toronto (LL.M); University of Cambridge (Ph.D.); Adjunct Professor, University of Carlos III of Madrid.
Member: Chartered Institute of Arbitrators; International Arbitration Club, London; British Institute of International and Comparative Law; List of Arbitrators of the World Intellectual Property Organization; International Bar Association.
Languages: English and Spanish.
Practice Areas: International commercial and investment arbitration; international sale of goods; construction and infrastructure projects; intellectual property disputes; public international law; ADR.
- Find a Member
- Specialty Groups▾
- About Specialty Groups
- Aviation Law
- Best Practices & Firm Management
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Competition & Antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Diversity and Inclusion in Leadership
- Employment & Labor Law
- Environmental Law
- Financial Institutions and Markets (J)
- Firm Administrators
- Franchise Law
- Government Investigations & White Collar Crime
- Governmental Relations
- Immigration Law
- Insolvency & Secured Transactions
- Insurance Law
- IP, IT, & Cybersecurity
- International Trade & Customs
- Life Sciences
- Litigation & ADR
- Marketing & Business Development
- Real Estate / TAG Property
- Sports & Entertainment
- TAG Tax
- TAG Tax: International Tax (North America)
- TAG Tax: State & Local Tax (SALT)
- Other Areas of Interest
- Success Stories▾
Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com