Ibargüen Segovia, Marcos
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Marcos is actively engaged in the practice of corporate, banking and finance law, representing international and Guatemalan companies and has extensive knowledge in mergers and acquisitions, corporate and financial restructurings, strategic alliances and business law in general.
Marcos has advised several Eurobond issuances representing either the local issuer, including the Republic of Guatemala among others, as well as the intermediary/underwriter bank. He also has extensive knowledge and experience in agency, distribution and franchise matters and agreements, both in negotiating new agreements as well as in dealing with the complexities which oftentimes accompany terminations of such business relationships.
Recently, Marcos has been involved in the rapidly changing aspects of anti-trust law in Guatemala, counseling and advising companies seeking to adapt their practices and business activities to comply with anti-trust laws yet-to-be-enacted by the Guatemalan Congress.
In 2018, Marcos was appointed as Managing partner for the firms overall practice, management and day to day operations with strategic focus on planning, growth, people development and client success.
He has been a law professor at Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Universidad Rafael Landivar and Universidad del Istmo in the areas of civil law, commercial law and international business transactions and is currently the president to the advisory board of the Universidad del Istmo Law School.
- Find a Member
- Specialty Groups▾
- Aviation Law
- Best Practices & Firm Management
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Competition & Antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Diversity and Inclusion in Leadership
- Employment & Labor Law
- Environmental Law
- Financial Institutions and Markets (J)
- Firm Administrators
- Franchise Law
- Global Mobility & Immigration Law
- Government Investigations & White Collar Crime
- Governmental Relations
- Insolvency & Secured Transactions
- Insurance Law
- IP, IT, & Cybersecurity
- International Trade & Customs
- Life Sciences
- Litigation & ADR
- Marketing & Business Development
- Native, Indigenous, and Aboriginal Law
- Real Estate / TAG Property
- Sports & Entertainment
- TAG Tax
- TAG Tax: International Tax (North America)
- TAG Tax: State & Local Tax (SALT)
- Transportation and Logistics
- Other Areas of Interest
- About Specialty Groups
- Success Stories▾
Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com