Bass, Jonathan R.
San Francisco, California, USA
Jonathan Bass brings more than 30 years of trial and appellate experience to the firm. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants in a broad range of cases involving securities, antitrust, real estate, eminent domain, bank operations, and general business matters.
Jon is regarded as one of the leading bank operations lawyers in California and has successfully represented banks in dozens of cases at the trial and appellate levels. An expert in Articles III and IV of the Uniform Commercial Code, he has assisted banking clients in defeating claims arising from forgeries, converted negotiable instruments, fiduciary fraud, late return of items, setoffs, employee negligence, and dishonored items.
Jon has broad experience in defending officers and directors, businesses and institutions in securities, antitrust, and other high-stakes litigation.
He also has successfully defended numerous development project approvals against challenge under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), as well as state and local land use laws.
- Find a Member
- Specialty Groups▾
- About Specialty Groups
- Aviation Law
- Best Practices & Firm Management
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Competition & Antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Diversity and Inclusion in Leadership
- Employment & Labor Law
- Environmental Law
- Financial Institutions and Markets (J)
- Firm Administrators
- Franchise Law
- Government Investigations & White Collar Crime
- Governmental Relations
- Immigration Law
- Insolvency & Secured Transactions
- Insurance Law
- IP, IT, & Cybersecurity
- International Trade & Customs
- Life Sciences
- Litigation & ADR
- Marketing & Business Development
- Real Estate / TAG Property
- Sports & Entertainment
- TAG Tax
- TAG Tax: International Tax (North America)
- TAG Tax: State & Local Tax (SALT)
- Other Areas of Interest
- Success Stories▾
Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com