Patch, Richard R.
San Francisco, California, USA
Richard Patch’s trial and appellate practice focuses on complex civil litigation, and he is widely regarded as one of the leading cable television and telecommunications lawyers in the country. His further expertise extends to real property litigation, construction-related litigation, commercial aircraft leasing, antitrust, unfair competition and class actions.
Richard has experience in a variety of other industries and practices, including the defense of officers and directors in derivative actions, attorney malpractice litigation, environmental litigation and patent disputes.
Due to his expert litigation skills, Richard was named in Fortune magazine as a “go-to” attorney by the general counsel of the nation's top 500 companies, and for nine consecutive years, he has been recognized as a Northern California SuperLawyer.
Richard served as the firm's managing partner from 1994 to 2003 and is also the firm's general counsel and risk management partner.
- Find a Member
- Specialty Groups▾
- Aviation Law
- Best Practices & Firm Management
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Competition & Antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Diversity and Inclusion in Leadership
- Employment & Labor Law
- Environmental Law
- Financial Institutions and Markets (J)
- Firm Administrators
- Franchise Law
- Global Mobility & Immigration Law
- Government Investigations & White Collar Crime
- Governmental Relations
- Insolvency & Secured Transactions
- Insurance Law
- IP, IT, & Cybersecurity
- International Trade & Customs
- Life Sciences
- Litigation & ADR
- Marketing & Business Development
- Native, Indigenous, and Aboriginal Law
- Real Estate / TAG Property
- Sports & Entertainment
- TAG Tax
- TAG Tax: International Tax (North America)
- TAG Tax: State & Local Tax (SALT)
- Transportation and Logistics
- Other Areas of Interest
- About Specialty Groups
- Success Stories▾
Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com