Shapiro, Stephen J.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Stephen Shapiro is a partner in and co-chair of the Litigation Services Department, chair of the Communications and Media Practice Group, and member of the Aviation Group and Financial Services Litigation Practice Group. He represents a broad range of commercial clients in complex litigation matters, with a particular focus on the financial services and airline industries.
In his commercial practice, Mr. Shapiro litigates cases involving allegations of fraudulent conduct, breaches of fiduciary duty, violations of consumer financial protection laws, malpractice, trademark/trade name infringement, theft of trade secrets, copyright infringement, shareholder disputes, breach of contract and warranty, defamation and invasion of privacy.
In his airline practice, Mr. Shapiro defends the nations’ largest commercial airlines against claims by passengers. He has litigated numerous claims governed by the Montreal Convention, as well as claims arising under state law that incorporate standards of care from federal aviation regulations.
Please click here to learn more about Stephen J. Shapiro.
Areas of Practice
- Find a Member
- Specialty Groups▾
- Aviation Law
- Best Practices & Firm Management
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Competition & Antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Diversity and Inclusion in Leadership
- Employment & Labor Law
- Environmental Law
- Financial Institutions and Markets (J)
- Firm Administrators
- Franchise Law
- Government Investigations & White Collar Crime
- Governmental Relations
- Immigration Law
- Insolvency & Secured Transactions
- Insurance Law
- IP, IT, & Cybersecurity
- International Trade & Customs
- Life Sciences
- Litigation & ADR
- Marketing & Business Development
- Native, Indigenous, and Aboriginal Law
- Real Estate / TAG Property
- Sports & Entertainment
- TAG Tax
- TAG Tax: International Tax (North America)
- TAG Tax: State & Local Tax (SALT)
- Transportation and Logistics
- Other Areas of Interest
- About Specialty Groups
- Success Stories▾
Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com