Kanter, Joshua S.
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Josh concentrates his practice on general corporate and securities matters and is a member of the firm’s corporate and securities group.
Josh’s corporate practice has spanned a broad array of matters including entity formation, governance, employment and shareholder agreements, commercial contracts, financing matters, financial and legal reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions and dispute resolution.
Josh’s securities practice has included numerous private placements, initial public offerings and various SEC and NASD/NASDAQ compliance matters.
As a result of Josh’s representation of various venture capital funds, his experience has covered many issues facing start-up and growth companies resulting in his role as actual or de facto general counsel to a number of venture capital-backed companies, providing legal and general business advice. Josh has also served on the boards of directors of numerous privately-and publicly-held companies.
- Find a Member
- Specialty Groups▾
- Aviation Law
- Best Practices & Firm Management
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Competition & Antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Diversity and Inclusion in Leadership
- Employment & Labor Law
- Environmental Law
- Financial Institutions and Markets (J)
- Firm Administrators
- Franchise Law
- Government Investigations & White Collar Crime
- Governmental Relations
- Immigration Law
- Insolvency & Secured Transactions
- Insurance Law
- IP, IT, & Cybersecurity
- International Trade & Customs
- Life Sciences
- Litigation & ADR
- Marketing & Business Development
- Native, Indigenous, and Aboriginal Law
- Real Estate / TAG Property
- Sports & Entertainment
- TAG Tax
- TAG Tax: International Tax (North America)
- TAG Tax: State & Local Tax (SALT)
- Transportation and Logistics
- Other Areas of Interest
- About Specialty Groups
- Success Stories▾
Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com