Hill, Tim Q.C.
Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia, Canada
Tim is a member of the Business Litigation team. His practice focuses on secured creditor rights and liabilities, bankruptcy and insolvency and debt restructuring, and commercial, personal injury and real property litigation. During his career, Tim has been involved in many of the largest insolvency matters arising in the province.
Tim is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and a member of the Canadian Association of Law Teachers. He was included in The Best Lawyers in Canada’s 2014 - 2018 editions for Insolvency and Financial Restructuring and received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Insolvency Section of the Canadian Bar Association in 2012.
Tim has frequently presented papers and made presentations to meetings of various groups involved in commercial credit issues, including CAIRP, the CBA Nova Scotia Insolvency and Construction sections, the Atlantic Credit Association, staff of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy, and Credifax member groups. He has participated in the Superintendent of Bankruptcy’s panel on Bankruptcy & Insolvency Act reform, and in 2004 assisted with the national training program for staff of the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy. In 2005 Tim participated with the Superintendent and the President of CAIRP in the keynote panel at the National Conference of the Credit Institute of Canada.
In his spare time Tim, chairs the Board of Directors of St. Margaret’s Centre, a position he has held for the last 17 years. Tim led the expansion of that facility, which is now one of the premier recreation facilities in the municipality. In 2011 the Centre was awarded the prestigious Recreation Nova Scotia Bluenose Award. This award recognizes outstanding achievements in the improvement of recreation/leisure opportunities locally, regionally or provincially. In 2014, Tim received a volunteer recognition award from Halifax Regional Municipality.
1985: LL.B., Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
2012-present: Counsel, BOYNECLARKE LLP
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
• Member – Canadian Bar Association
• Past Counsel – Saint Mary’s Student Association
• Included in The Best Lawyers in Canada 2014 - 2018 published by Best Lawyers® for Insolvency and Financial Restructuring
• Lectures & presentations to groups including the Canadian Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Professionals; CBA NS Insolvency Sub-Sections: Insolvency, Young Lawyers, Construction Law; Atlantic Credit Association; Credit Institute of Canada; Superintendent of Bankruptcy; Canadian Federation of Students; Canadian University Press.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
• Secured Creditor Rights • Bankruptcy & Insolvency • Commercial & Personal Injury Litigation
- Find a Member
- Specialty Groups▾
- Aviation Law
- Best Practices & Firm Management
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Competition & Antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Diversity and Inclusion in Leadership
- Employment & Labor Law
- Environmental Law
- Financial Institutions and Markets (J)
- Firm Administrators
- Franchise Law
- Global Mobility & Immigration Law
- Government Investigations & White Collar Crime
- Governmental Relations
- Insolvency & Secured Transactions
- Insurance Law
- IP, IT, & Cybersecurity
- International Trade & Customs
- Life Sciences
- Litigation & ADR
- Marketing & Business Development
- Native, Indigenous, and Aboriginal Law
- Real Estate / TAG Property
- Sports & Entertainment
- TAG Tax
- TAG Tax: International Tax (North America)
- TAG Tax: State & Local Tax (SALT)
- Transportation and Logistics
- Other Areas of Interest
- About Specialty Groups
- Success Stories▾
Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com