Sawa, Ted R.
Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia, Canada
Ted is a member of our Taxation Law Team with a focus in the areas of income taxation, HST and non-resident taxation planning and dispute resolution.
Ted’s experience in all aspects of income tax and HST – from planning to negotiating settlements with the CRA to appearing in the Tax Court of Canada, is an asset to the Team. In addition, Ted has completed Parts I and II of the CICA In-Depth Income Tax Course as well as the CICA In-Depth HST/GST Course and the CICA Advanced HST/GST Course: Public Sector Bodies Course.
Ted has worked with all types of Canadian government – federal, provincial, municipal, and First Nations communities. He has also appeared before the Nova Scotia Provincial Court, the Nova Scotia Supreme Court and the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal. Ted has presented at the Atlantic Provinces Tax Conference as well as to a variety of community groups and has assisted communities with business development.
Committed to community, Ted serves on a local School Advisory Council. The family Chihuahua occasionally in tow, Ted moonlights as a chauffeur for his children who play hockey, lacrosse, swimming, and soccer. With his background in economics, Ted is interested in all aspects of local, national and international history and current affairs.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
- Find a Member
- Specialty Groups▾
- Aviation Law
- Best Practices & Firm Management
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Competition & Antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Diversity and Inclusion in Leadership
- Employment & Labor Law
- Environmental Law
- Financial Institutions and Markets (J)
- Firm Administrators
- Franchise Law
- Government Investigations & White Collar Crime
- Governmental Relations
- Immigration Law
- Insolvency & Secured Transactions
- Insurance Law
- IP, IT, & Cybersecurity
- International Trade & Customs
- Life Sciences
- Litigation & ADR
- Marketing & Business Development
- Native, Indigenous, and Aboriginal Law
- Real Estate / TAG Property
- Sports & Entertainment
- TAG Tax
- TAG Tax: International Tax (North America)
- TAG Tax: State & Local Tax (SALT)
- Transportation and Logistics
- Other Areas of Interest
- About Specialty Groups
- Success Stories▾
Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com