+356 2549 6400
Dr. Christian Farrugia obtained his Master’s degree in maritime and insurance law from the University of London (UCL) and his doctorate in Maltese law from the University of Malta in 1986.
Upon returning from his postgraduate studies in London, he joined Farrugia & Schembri Advocates as an associate. Immediately, he set about reorganizing the firm’s shipping and corporate units in the light of the important changes to the island’s financial services infrastructure which were introduced in the same year. He was appointed partner of this firm in 1992.
In 2009, he became joint managing partner of the newly formed law firm Fenech Farrugia Fiott Legal and leads the firm’s substantial corporate/commercial, shipping, iGaming and litigation departments.
Dr Farrugia has been appointed an examiner of doctoral thesis at the Faculty of Laws of the University of Malta on several occasions. He has also been a member of the Chamber of Advocates and of the Chamber of Commerce since 1998.
He is a director and secretary of several companies, including Alliance Trust Company Limited, an MFSA licensed fiduciary and trustee, as well as a director of iMovo Limited and Abbey International Insurance PCC Limited. He also acts as a non-executive director and Chairman of Bawag Malta Bank Limited.
- Find a Member
- Specialty Groups▾
- Aviation Law
- Best Practices & Firm Management
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Competition & Antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Diversity and Inclusion in Leadership
- Employment & Labor Law
- Environmental Law
- Financial Institutions and Markets (J)
- Firm Administrators
- Franchise Law
- Government Investigations & White Collar Crime
- Governmental Relations
- Immigration Law
- Insolvency & Secured Transactions
- Insurance Law
- IP, IT, & Cybersecurity
- International Trade & Customs
- Life Sciences
- Litigation & ADR
- Marketing & Business Development
- Native, Indigenous, and Aboriginal Law
- Real Estate / TAG Property
- Sports & Entertainment
- TAG Tax
- TAG Tax: International Tax (North America)
- TAG Tax: State & Local Tax (SALT)
- Transportation and Logistics
- Other Areas of Interest
- About Specialty Groups
- Success Stories▾
Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com