Toronto, Ontario, Canada
John Papadakis is a partner in Blaney McMurtry's Corporate/Commercial and Real Estate practices. John focuses his work on secured lending, acting mainly for financial institutions lending money to clients.
John has arranged financing for a wide variety of products and purposes, including aircraft, railway cars, ships, infrastructure projects, car and truck fleets and accounts receivable. His work has included the negotiation and structure of the loan terms, the conduct of due diligence and the preparation of security documentation.
John is particularly active in the financing of commercial real estate, including shopping centres and office towers.
On the corporate/commercial side of his practice, John has been involved in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and the establishment of new investment and corporate vehicles. His services on these projects have included the preparation of the complete range of requisite documentation including shareholders' agreements, negotiation and structure of the purchase/sale agreements, leases, and contracts with suppliers and employees.
Fluent in Greek, John is capable of servicing clients in that language. He is a past President and current member of the Hellenic Canadian Lawyers' Association and a member of the Hellenic Canadian Board of Trade.
- Find a Member
- Specialty Groups▾
- Aviation Law
- Best Practices & Firm Management
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Competition & Antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Diversity and Inclusion in Leadership
- Employment & Labor Law
- Environmental Law
- Financial Institutions and Markets (J)
- Firm Administrators
- Franchise Law
- Government Investigations & White Collar Crime
- Governmental Relations
- Immigration Law
- Insolvency & Secured Transactions
- Insurance Law
- IP, IT, & Cybersecurity
- International Trade & Customs
- Life Sciences
- Litigation & ADR
- Marketing & Business Development
- Native, Indigenous, and Aboriginal Law
- Real Estate / TAG Property
- Sports & Entertainment
- TAG Tax
- TAG Tax: International Tax (North America)
- TAG Tax: State & Local Tax (SALT)
- Transportation and Logistics
- Other Areas of Interest
- About Specialty Groups
- Success Stories▾
Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com