Kipnes, Wilbur L.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Will Kipnes is a partner in the Litigation Services Department and until May, 2018, was the Chair of the Department. He has also served as the firm’s General Counsel for 20 years. Mr. Kipnes has a general commercial litigation practice.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Kipnes has handled a broad array of complex litigation cases in court and arbitration. By way of example, he has defended financial institutions in class actions alleging violations of RICO violations and consumer protection statutes, major entertainment and telecommunications companies in antitrust actions, and a banking holding company and government securities dealer in securities cases. Mr. Kipnes represented the Chapter 11 Operating Trustee of a health care company in obtaining court approval for a $50 million settlement of a proposed RICO case. He has handled disputes between partners or shareholders of large closely-held companies. In the insurance field, Mr. Kipnes has represented policyholders, brokers, and the Pennsylvania Insurance Commissioner in her capacity as Liquidator of a life insurance company. He has also represented both owners and contractors in numerous construction cases.
As General Counsel, Mr. Kipnes is the senior partner responsible for all matters relating to professional responsibility, including loss prevention.
Please click here to read more about Wilbur L. Kipnes.
- Find a Member
- Specialty Groups▾
- Aviation Law
- Best Practices & Firm Management
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Competition & Antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Diversity and Inclusion in Leadership
- Employment & Labor Law
- Environmental Law
- Financial Institutions and Markets (J)
- Firm Administrators
- Franchise Law
- Global Mobility & Immigration Law
- Government Investigations & White Collar Crime
- Governmental Relations
- Insolvency & Secured Transactions
- Insurance Law
- IP, IT, & Cybersecurity
- International Trade & Customs
- Life Sciences
- Litigation & ADR
- Marketing & Business Development
- Native, Indigenous, and Aboriginal Law
- Real Estate / TAG Property
- Sports & Entertainment
- TAG Tax
- TAG Tax: International Tax (North America)
- TAG Tax: State & Local Tax (SALT)
- Transportation and Logistics
- Other Areas of Interest
- About Specialty Groups
- Success Stories▾
Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com